Public health faculty were honored in 2019 by Brown University’s Office of the Vice President for Research with competitive awards.
Research Seed Funding Awards
Supporting the generation of preliminary data, and the pursuit of new directions and collaborations in research.
A Collaborative Research Initiative on Children’s Alternative Care
- PIs: Jessaca Leinaweaver, Professor of Anthropology, and Susan Short, Professor of Sociology
- Co-PI: Caroline Kuo, Associate Professor (Research) of Behavioral and Social Sciences
Next Generation Brain Mapping of Meditative States: Toward Clinically-Viable Neurofeedback
- PI: Judson Brewer, Associate Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Co-PI: Remko van Lutterveld, Investigator in Epidemiology
Markers of Premature Biological Aging in Chronically Homeless Individuals
- PI: Eric Jutkowitz, Assistant Professor of Health Services, Policy and Practice
- Co-PI: John McGeary, Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
- Co-Is: James Rudolph, Professor of Medicine, Thomas O’Toole, Professor of Medicine, Hung-Teh Kao, Associate Professor of Psychiatry & Human Behavior (Research), Lorin Crawford, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Medications and the Risk of Motor Vehicle Crashes in Older Drivers
- PI: Andrew Zullo, Assistant Professor of Health Services, Policy & Practice
- Key Personnel: Nina Joyce, Assistant Professor of Health Services, Policy & Practice; Allison Curry, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; Melissa R. Pfeiffer, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Richard B. Salomon Faculty Research Awards
Supporting excellence in scholarly work by funding faculty research projects deemed to be of exceptional merit.
Mobile-delivered feedback on drinking events: Pilot testing an intervention for heavy drinking college students
Jennifer Merrill, Assistant Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences